EUROFRAME Conference 2023: CfP - Deadline extended
EUROFRAME conference 2023: The return of inflation: Challenges for European Economies
The 19th Conference will focus on the macroeconomic policy challenges for European economies of high inflation. Is the current high inflation a temporary phenomenon or does it represent a change of regime? Who should bear the impacts of rising energy prices? What are the impacts on the green transition? Will it lead to new tensions in the labour market? Wage indexation: should it be restored or abandoned? What economic policies should be employed to tackle inflation and limit its social consequences? Is monetary policy to blame? How will it affect central banks getting out of QE? And what will be the effect of the high inflation on public debt?
We seek both empirical and theoretical policy-relevant papers. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
• Macroeconomic impacts of high inflation
• Social and distributional impacts of high inflation
• Monetary policy in times of high inflation
• Impacts of rising energy prices on the green transition
• Inflation and public debt
• Tensions in the labour market and wage indexation
• Impact on financial stability
The Call for Papers can be downloaded here (PDF). Submissions should be sent by 20 March 2023.
The conference is hosted by OFCE, Paris.